Despite the smartphone not set to feature Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube and Google's other apps when it launches on September 19, chief executive Richard Yu has insisted it will be "quite easy" for owners to use the apps available on Android.
The smartphone makers ditching the suite of apps come after the US trading ban, which stops American-owned businesses working with Huawei.
Speaking at a conference in Berlin, Yu added that there would be "a lot of possibilities" because the Android operating system is open-sources software.
Meanwhile, the CEO previously insisted their new operating system, Harmony OS, isn't to replace Android.
Despite reports that the company created the system to be less reliant on Google's, Yu stated they are still planning to work with Android.
He said: "The phones which are currently on sale can continue to use Google.
"That's why we have HarmonyOS for backup, in case we can't use Google in the future.
"Then you can use HarmonyOS, which will have better performance."
He also stated that they are hoping HarmonyOS can be used on smartphones.
He said: "It will be minor, minor work to transfer apps from the other ecosystems to HarmonyOS: transferring this ecosystem will be very easy to do."
On what the future holds after the company was added to a list of companies that US firms cannot trade with unless they have a license, amid the fears of national security concerns, and being knocked off the number one spot by Samsung, Yu said: "We are heading for the best products, the best innovations, the best user experience.
"That's what we are looking for and you can see that if this trade war had not happened then this year we had a very big possibility to be number one.
"So, this year maybe our market share cannot be number one but we consolidate the top two position. For us the market share is not the most important. The innovation, the user experience, customer satisfaction are the most important."